1996 Dodge Neon Rally Car
Yes – this is the car that started it all! It has graced the pages of rallynotes.com since the beginning. Prepared in 2003, and then driven across the country in 2004, this car has many stories left to tell. Built to compete in “Production Class” or “CRS P-Stock” Ze’Neon completed its first rally in 2005 (Gorman Ridge). With only 2 DNF’s (did not finish): 1 Mechanical (damaged rear struts), and 1 Electrical (O2 Sensor) of the 16 rallies it has started, it is considered extremely reliable and has never rolled. Top accolades include: Many rallycross wins, and the 2008 USRC Production 2WD National Championship.
- 1996 Dodge Neon (Base) Sedan 5 Speed MT
- Valid Logbook – Ready to Rally
- Street Legal with California Emissions
- New Catalytic Converter
- New Gas Tank and Fuel Pump
- 10 point roll cage tying the front and rear strut towers to the cage.
- Gussets added in 2005 for compliance of NASA rules
- A-Pillar supports added for 2014 NASA compliance
- 36mm Bilstein Motorsport Inverted Struts with adjustable coil-overs on all four corners. The valving was specifically designed by a Bilstein Engineer for this car. Completely rebuilt and 100% ready to rally by Streetwise Motorsports.
- Chassis has 131K miles. Engine replaced in 2003 with refreshed used motor with approx 50K miles on it. Head gasket is proper MLS steel. Motor is strong 2.0L still pushing 130+ psi on all four cylinders. It has always run synthetic oil.
- Sub-frame and motor mounts completely rebuilt and strengthened in 2006.
- 3/16″ Aluminum front skidplate.
- 3/16″ HDPE underbody protection (gastank, etc.)
- Transmission is stock 3.55 + Safety Tabs installed on differential
- Upgraded PT-Cruiser “Heavy Duty” Clutch
- Spare transmission included is a 3.94 RT transmission!
- Brantz International Rally Computer
- Peltor FMT-100 Intercom
- Set of steel “Tuff Rims” + spare tires and spare rims.
- KC Daylighters removable light bar (2x Pencil, 2x Fog)
- “Giant Bin” of spares including:
- Fuel pump parts, hoses, connectors, filters
- Hoses, belts, bolts
- Sensors, wiring, connectors, coil pack
- Mopar ECU / PCM
- Car completely stripped and re-painted last year!
Buyer Beware: This is a rally car. It squeaks and rattles. It’s going to continue to need TLC to be a successful rally car, and I will give you a short list of things that you’ll need to adjust, replace, or keep an eye on. You are getting a very well cared for 20 year old car that starts and runs and will serve as a launchpad for your rally career. I just rallycrossed it last weekend at the CRS Rally School, so I’m confident that it still wants to go rallying!